You are a sensitive individual who moves through life both inside and outside the box; as such, you are not always understood by others. You are open-minded, gifted, thoughtful, and someone who consistently gives their best. But doing so can be hard on you. And you really want it to be easier than it is.
You too are more brilliant than you realize. And you have your own inner navigation system that keeps you in alignment on your path.
It’s just that like me, you may have lost sight of yourself while trying to deal with all the things in your life that didn’t work or just demanded a lot of your attention most of the time.
Do you resonate with any of these descriptions?
- You want to be appreciated for the quality and dedication you put into your relationships and your work.
- You want to feel more comfortable in your own skin, worry less about what others think and know that you are good enough.
- You would like to feel more energy and less drained.
- You would like to have more clarity.
- You want to feel connected to your passion and your creative nature and bring them to the foreground instead of letting them get pushed so far back.
- You are influenced and intrigued by the images from your dreams from the night before, or from last week or even from childhood. You would like to feel confident trusting your intuition.
- You have overcome a painful past and you want your experiences to guide you in meaningful pursuits. You realize your greatest wounds transform into your greatest gifts.
- You can feel swallowed up in large groups and you can get overwhelmed in busy, noisy environments.
- You may be a high achiever and perfection can get in the way of your own happiness. Sometimes you may have struggled with anxiety, or fear of being rejected, or fear of not getting it right.
- You do not want to hurt others and so don’t always speak your truth or state your own needs. You struggle with healthy boundaries.
- Sometimes you take things too seriously and/or need to process the smallest of imbalances. You mistakenly believe everything falling apart around you is in some way your fault. So you may apologize too often or inappropriately.
If you feel that some of the descriptions above resonate with you, then we can be a good fit for each other. I am in service to help highly sensitive people, like you.
- I help you heal your worn-out nervous system, so you can breathe easier and feel balanced and restored.
- I help you strengthen your ability to tolerate stimulation without getting exhausted.
- I help you overcome anxiety or depression and help you feel a sense of calm and vibrancy as you navigate life.
- I offer you tools to learn how to help yourself with confidence.
- I help you find your strong and compassionate voice.
- I help you clarify and set appropriate boundaries.
- I help you feel good about your body and your wisdom so you can best discern what’s now and what’s next.
The Essence of this Joy
I grew up in the suburbs of New York with a roof over my head, food in my belly, a bicycle to ride and a tree to climb. That tree was my best friend.
No one in my family realized just how sensitive I was nor how easily I was overwhelmed. I climbed our silver maple to take solace in her branches.
I grew up with learning challenges: dyslexia, and scotopic sensitivity syndrome. I was creative yet timid. I lacked confidence.
The way that childhood pain has shown up in me as an adult is that I would take things personally. I blamed myself for any chaos going on around me. I’ve spent a lot of time making sure everyone else’s ego is appeased.
It’s taken me a long time to trust myself. And to learn that actually, I’m not stupid, I’m brilliant (and so are you). As a compensation skill, I developed such high-sense perception as a way to navigate life on my own terms. In my own healing process, I have learned to live vibrantly, express creatively, and live joyfully.
I have been an Energy Medicine practitioner for over twenty-five years. From the work, I have learned the importance of keeping my vessel clean. That means actively doing my inner work. It means catching myself when I am making up stories in my head. It means yearning for clarity and raising my awareness.
It is my calling to be deeply present with my clients and reflect back to them their radiance and ease their shame and self-judgment. I am intrigued by the beautiful mysteries that are revealed as sense is made from the seemingly unrelated.
I move through life with curiosity, an open mind, and compassion. I allow myself to be changing, strengthening, and emerging.
People fascinate me with their unique idiosyncrasies. I am intrigued by what makes them excited and what makes them pause. There is beauty and worth in everyone.
Plants teach me lessons, like the Bermuda grass in my garden teaching me about persistence and tenacity. Flowering plants are joyful gifts that please my senses with delicate scents and rich hues.
I am an artist. Colors nourish me, the subtle and the saturated. I like what happens when they sit next to each other; their defining edge can give rise to harmony or tension. I love colors without their names attached.
My work is gratifying. I am grateful to be using and continually developing my gifts and sharing them with my community. I enjoy integrating a wide range of information and creatively offering it to my clients in the ways that are most appropriate for their journeys.
I’d like to offer you support on your journey and reflect back to you your own brilliance. I have tools in my tool box to share with you. Trust your timing.
A graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, Joy is also a visual artist. She has worked as a graphic designer in New York City, Seattle, and New Mexico. In 1994, she studied under Anaiis Salles in a two-year Energy Medicine training program.
She currently lives with her husband, Tim, in the very green Ozark town of Fayetteville, Arkansas. She enjoys the farmers market, going to lectures, music and art events, and celebrating life and creativity with friends and family. She loves to dirty her hands tending flowers in her garden and painting walls in her home — a Zen experience for her. She and her husband are empty nesters and their three grown children are just where they are meant to be and doing what they love. This makes her smile.
I had a dream in my mid-twenties about my life purpose. The end of the dream was me receiving pieces of paper with hand-written notes from God. The notes, written with black flair pen on strips of loose leaf paper, were in response to my imploring question: “God, why am I here?!” to which God’s first written answer was: “To Show Mankind How to Love.” I have spent a life time figuring that out, because at the time of my dream I wasn’t loving myself so well. I was low in self-esteem and confidence. I was highly sensitive, took things too personally, and was easily overwhelmed. Through studying energy medicine, doing my own inner work, and developing my gifts I have diminished my suffering and increased my well being. I LOVE MYSELF. I LIVE BRILLIANTLY. I LIVE JOYFULLY. And I am here to help you do the same.
When you are ready to get started on your exquisite journey of joyful living, contact me below:
Doctoral Student in Experimental Psychology
"Joy provided me the opportunity to...grow in ways that have allowed me to be able to fully love myself as I am now and as I used to be….to become aware of ways in which to hold space for myself and for others, allowing me to have more control over my experiences in life and to no longer be a victim of my circumstances...to overcome challenges that I faced again and again in romantic relationships...to heal parts of myself that had been locked away for many years. I am incredibly grateful,,,."
"What a healer like Joy brings ... is a sense of confidence and competence — that the universe is unfolding as it should — that no one is alone because no one is separate — that no one is overwhelmed because no one is intruding — that all of us, singly and collectively, are beloved."
Dr. Travis Wyly
“Joy brings a wealth of knowledge and practical experience in healing that is perfectly balanced. She has a gift of insight that gets to the heart of the most complex mental/emotional/spiritual issues. Most of all, ... she brings heart and soul. ...I have felt totally enveloped in love and acceptance. ... If you’re thinking about working with Joy, do it!”
A Journey of the Heart
Joy Caffrey shares how she opened to her healing gifts (between 1990 and 1999) at an Ozark Research Institute Dowsing Conference in 1999. The Conference was held at Mount Sequoyah Retreat Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This video was recorded on VHS.
Receive our Joyful Healing Newsletter for inspiration, clarity, and hope.
We will keep you updated on new blog posts, product offerings, webinars, and course launches.